Research and Development
124 Ruby DeveloperJob Description:
Wix is looking for a Ruby Developer.
Wix is looking for a developer for its backend system infrastructure, to join a team of proficient engineers dedicated to building highly available and scalable system infrastructure based on hundreds UNIX servers.
- Development of services and components
- Responsible for system automation, continuous deployment, monitoring and fault tolerance
- Work with various technologies and languages, mainly Ruby, Python and C
- Active participation in design and development of quickly growing system services as well as constant improving and enhancement of the current platform capabilities
- Highly professional System Developer with proven experience in design, development and integration of modern web backbone system
- Strong knowledge of C, Java, Ruby and Python
- Expertise in server-side development, performance and troubleshooting analysis
- Deep knowledge in UNIX
- Experience in low level UNIX system programming – an advantage
129 PHP developerJob Description:
We are looking for outstanding software engineer to work on one of our most challenging projects – Wix App Market.
Wix has over 29 Million users worldwide with over 1 Million new users each month and the Wix App Market is one of Wix most important growth engines for the near future.
The Wix app Market offers our users a variety of Apps to power up their websites such as Google Drive, Tumbler, Blogger, Instagram and many others.
These Apps are developed by Wix team under the WixLabs brand or by 3rd party companies.
Since its launch on October 2012, the Wix App Market was viewed by more than 2 Million users which resulted in about 850,000 Apps downloads.
The developer will join Wix Connect team. This team is considered a kind of special apps team within Wix and reports directly to Wix CEO.
This team is involved in the most challenging and advanced projects and is known for delivering high quality products, developed with cutting edge technologies.
Wix Connect is an independent union that consists of developers, product and project managers. There are 8 people at the team now. The team has only minor dependencies on other teams that allow it to move fast from idea to production.
The Connect team is in charge of all Wix App Market development – the App Market itself, the developer center (http://dev.wix.com/) and the Apps. Other team projects include the Wix forum (http://www.wix.com/support/main/html5/), Wix Blog and the Wix jobs site.
The developer will be responsible for developing cutting edge apps for the Wix App market under the Wixlabs brand. Each App development involves challenging integration with market leader companies such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
In addition, the successful candidate’s training program will include up to 2 months’ workshop in Wix office in Tel-Aviv.
- Contribute to the design and development of product features.
- Produce code that is sufficiently supported by unit tests.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to the project.
- Code review peer's work.
- Triage and solve live issues.
- Web application fundamentals
- Knowledge with web servers (nginx, apache)
- Experience with frameworks such as Zend Framework, Prototype(JS), JQuery(JS)
- Knowledge of Object Oriented principles
- Knowledge with working on Relational Databases (MySQL)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (SVN, GIT)
- Experience in UNIX systems on a user level
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence)
- English – Fluent level
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS
- Familiarity with Java
- Familiarity with No-SQL Databases (MongoDB)
- Knowledge of QA automation processes and tools such as Selenium and PHPUnit
134 QA EngineerJob Description:
Wix is looking for QA Engineer.
- Execute manual tests for new features
- Create test plans and test cases
- Participate in manual and automation sanity and regression QA cycles
- Analyze automation reports
- Handle system issues for Linux/Unix staging environments
Additional tasks e.g.
- System task to test DRP;
- Test changes on Wix site;
- Test the new Wix Blog;
- Test new features for eCommerce project, and etc.
- At least 2 years of focused experience in manual testing;
- B.A. or M.A.in computer science will be an advantage.
Skills & Abilities:
- At least two years of focused experience in manual testing;
- Experience working with Linux/Unix system (installations, maintenance and diagnostics);
- Experience working with automation's (running tests, analyzing reports);
- Familiar with client server methodologies;
- Strong knowledge of client-server architecture;
- Awareness of security testing;
- At least Intermediate level of written and spoken English language;
- Ability to work as part of a team and as individual;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to multitask;
- Systemic vision capability.
Experience and knowledge that will be an advantage:
- Experience in Web testing;
- Experience in mobile phones testing;
- ISTQB Certified Degree;
- Internet company experience.